International Students :
We believe students are global citizens and will drive the global economy in future. We welcome this fraternity on our folds and help them every step of the way until they succeed in their career objective.
International Student Admission Procedure
Effective June 1, 2014 all study permit applications must include Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number.
MLC College of Business, Technology and Healthcare is a Designated Learning Institution and our DLI number is DLI#O19607783802 [The first character in DLI number is a capital letter “O” and not a zero]
New rules aim to protect Canada’s international reputation for high-quality education and improving services to genuine students. The new rules will:
- limit the issuance of study permits to applicants who will be studying at a designated learning institution (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#designated_learning_institution), including institutions that are designated by provinces and territories on the basis of meeting minimum standards;
- require students to actively pursue their studies while in Canada; and
- Allow full-time international students enrolled at designated institutions in certain programs to work part time off campus and full time during scheduled school breaks without a work
The Citizenship and Immigration Call Centre can answer questions, in English and French, about the new rules.
Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242-2100
Welcome to MLC College!
MLC College welcomes students from around the world, and appreciates the opportunity for cultural enrichment in the educational arena. However, important immigration requirements must be met and a visa may be required if you’re an International Student wanting to attend MLC College.
You must demonstrate English Proficiency with IELTS overall band 6.5 ( with each subject being 5.5) or complete the ESL program to fill any deficiency. The ESL program will be of 4 weeks or 8 weeks . If you require a visa, the visa officer will issue it at the same time as the documentation necessary for your entry to Canada as a student. Before you apply for a student authorization, you must be accepted as a student by a Designated Learning institution, and that institution must decide if you meet its academic and language requirements.
You must meet certain immigration requirements to obtain a student authorization to study in Canada. These include:
- Presentation of an acceptance letter from the Designated Learning Institution you wish to attend;
- Providing evidence of financial support to pay for tuition and living costs;
- Satisfying a visa officer that you will return home at the end of your studies;
- Passing a medical examination .
Please read the “Documents required” section of this page and visit the websites we’ve linked to in order to learn more about studying in Canada. Contact us if you’re ready to begin the application process as an International Student at MLC College or if you require any additional information.
- Proof of acceptance
For attendance at an approved university, College or technical institution, you need a letter from the educational institution you’ll be attending that shows
The name of the institution;
- the DLI # of the institution
- confirmation of your acceptance and/or registration as a student;
- the name of program of study;
- the duration of the academic program;
- the latest date you may register for attendance
- Proof of identity
- A valid passport or travel document or identity document that guarantees re-entry to the country that issued it (citizens and permanent residents of the United States, Pierre and Miquelon, and Greenland do not require a passport but do require proof of status such as a national identity card or an alien registration card);
- Two recent passport size photos for each family member (the name and date of birth of the person should be written on the back of each photo).
Proof of financial support
You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:
- proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
- proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
- your bank statements for the past four months;
- a bank draft in convertible currency;
- proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
- a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
- proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational.
The following table shows the guideline that you will need.
|Synod.||Program Fees||Living Expenses ( Including dependents if any)||Medical and Contingency|
|1.||As approved by MTCU||Add Living Expenses ( Accommodation , Food, Clothing, Entertainment, Travel etc.)||Medial Insurance and any Contingency Expenses|
If there are foreign-exchange control measures in your country, you must provide proof that the exchange control authorities will allow you to export funds for all of your expenses.
- Letter of explanation
In some cases, you may wish to apply for a study permit even if you do not need one right away. There are benefits to having a study permit, even if you do not require one. If you have a valid study permit, you can:
- work part time on campus at the College or university at which you are registered as a full-time student; and
- apply to renew your study permit from within Canada, if you decide to continue studying in MLC College
If you decide that you want to continue your studies in another program after you complete your short-term course or program, you must apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada for a study permit if you do not already have one.
Applicants must meet all minimum admissions requirements which cannot be waived by MLC College or by the applicant under any circumstances.
The admission process is normally completed in few working days. Accepted students receive an e-mail with a Conditional Letter of Acceptance, and must pay a tuition deposit. On receipt of this deposit, the College will issue an Official Letter of Acceptance. Include the Letter of Acceptance with your application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for a Visa and Study Permit.
Students without proof of medical insurance in Canada will not be able to register for classes. To be officially admitted to the College and register for classes, you must pay the remainder of your fees.
Note: Refund policy applies as per the policy of the College aligned to The Private Career Training Institutions Agency of Ontario , or PCC Ontario. Students are legally obligated to read, understand and sign the policy upon admission.
Visit the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and University (www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/) website and the Ontario international students (https://www.ontario.ca/education-and-training/study-ontario-international-students) website for comprehensive information about international education in Ontario . For the latest information on studying in Canada, visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp).
Contact us (email@example.com ) if you’re ready to begin the application process as an International Student at MLC College or if you require any additional information please fill the form below.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION